McClaren has no interest in Sunderland job
Monday 08 December 2008
FC Twente coach Steve McClaren has denied reports linking him to the vacant managerial position at Premier League side Sunderland.
Reports suggested that McClaren could be set for a return to England after Sunderland manager Roy Keane resigned on Thursday.
However, the former England coach has dismissed the idea outright.
"It's nonsense," McClaren told Dutch newspaper TC Tubantia. "I have no interest whatsoever in returning to England at the moment."
Twente moved third in the Eredivisie this weekend with a 6-2 win over Sparta Rotterdam.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland