Michael Laudrup has revealed his "deep disappointment" at the manner of his sacking by Swansea City, who he claims denied him access to the training ground in order to say goodbye to players and staff.
Laudrup is taking legal advice over his dismissal on Tuesday, which came after a poor run of results in which Swansea picked up just six points from their last 10 league matches. And in a statement issued via the League Managers' Association, he said: "I am deeply disappointed to have been dismissed as manager of Swansea City.
"In particular, the manner in which it happened and the actions the club has taken since notifying me in the briefest of letters, which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary. The club has informed me that I cannot visit the training ground to say my farewells to the players so I do that now through this statement.
"The players have been fantastic and their contribution under the very professional guidance of my coaching staff has been absolutely fundamental to the club's recent successes. Three members of my staff have also been dismissed."
Laudrup defended his time in charge of Swansea, whom he helped to win the Capital One Cup last season. The LMA has written to the club asking for the reasons why the former Denmark international was dismissed.
Garry Monk has been placed in charge and his first task is to prepare the side for the South Wales derby match against Cardiff City tomorrow. The former captain says he has already addressed the issue of whether to include in his side Chico Flores, with whom he was involved in a training ground altercation last month.
"Chico will be involved in the squad, zero problems whatsoever," said Monk. "We had a talk today. Things have been blown up and we have had a laugh about it. He is a good man."