Michael Owen: I will find new club
Monday 27 August 2012
The former England striker Michael Owen has no doubt he will find a new club before the end of the transfer window.
The 32-year-old was released by Manchester United at the end of last season after three years at Old Trafford. Owen is confident he will find a new team before the window closes on Friday and indicated he will be returning to the Premier League.
When asked if he expects to have signed with new employers by the end of the week, Owen said: "I do, yeah.
"I have been in contact with quite a few teams and I definitely expect to be donning a new shirt quite soon," he added.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc