Modric keen to stay with Spurs
Friday 30 December 2011
Luka Modric is "almost 100 per cent certain" he will not derail Spurs' fine season by leaving in the January transfer window, though the Croatian midfielder is not looking past the summer.
Modric, who nearly joined Chelsea last summer, has reportedly been targeted by Manchester United.
"I don't want to go through the same ordeal I went through during the summer," Modric said. "I am almost 100 per cent certain I will stay at Tottenham until the end of the season.
"My departure always remains a theoretical possibility if the club gets an offer it can't or won't refuse."
Latest in Sport
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’