New Spurs contract - and then loan move to Leicester for Harry Kane
Thursday 21 February 2013
Tottenham striker Harry Kane has signed a new contract and has been loaned to Leicester City for the rest of the season.
Kane, who has been touted as a potential first-team star by Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas, has extended his deal at White Hart Lane until 2017. The 19-year-old struggled on loan at Norwich earlier this season, but has been given another chance to impress away from Tottenham – this time with Nigel Pearson's promotion-chasing Championship side.
Latest in Sport
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
by The Sports Lawyer
21 May 2013 10:01 PM
With the top nine players in the men’s world tennis rankings all missing this tournament to prepare ...
by Gareth Purnell
21 May 2013 02:01 AM
When cyclists look back on their careers spanning many hundreds (and in some cases possibly thousand...
by Martin Ayres
20 May 2013 06:12 PM
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.