Newcastle 0 Manchester City 2: Alan Pardew escapes FA punishment over foul-mouthed rant
The Newcastle manager appeared to make reference to the age of Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini
Monday 13 January 2014
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has escaped disciplinary action from the Football Association but has been “reminded of his responsibilities” after his touchline behaviour against Manchester City.
Pardew apologised for an expletive-laden rant at City boss Manuel Pellegrini, and was also involved in a running battle with the match officials as the visitors claimed a 2-0 win over the Magpies.
The FA is not taking disciplinary action but has been in touch with the Magpies boss.
An FA spokesman said: "We have been in contact with Alan Pardew and reminded him of his responsibilities".
Latest in Sport
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin