Newcastle secure new shirt deal
Wednesday 04 January 2012
Newcastle have secured a new two-year shirt sponsorship deal with Virgin Money.
Virgin Money completed its acquisition of Northern Rock, the Magpies' long-standing shirt sponsors, on January 1, and will have its logo used for the remainder of the season under the current arrangement.
The new shirt was due to be unveiled at this evening's Barclays Premier League clash between Newcastle and Manchester United.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Manchester United: Danny Welbeck is not guaranteed a starting place - but Arsene Wenger hints at wide role
Paul Scholes column: England must learn to keep possession and dictate games before they are exposed by the likes of Germany and Brazil
Sami Khedira: Arsenal and Chelsea target signs pre-contract with Bayern Munich - reports
Arsenal vs Manchester United: Olivier Giroud and Mikel Arteta return from injury as Arsene Wenger delivers positive squad update
Dave Whelan: Wigan owner apologises for comments after Malky Mackay appointment but defends himself against anti-Semitism claim
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 Lee Evans announces his retirement from comedy on The Jonathan Ross Show
- 3 Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
- 4 These grandmas smoking weed for the first time are wonderful
- 5 Pastafarian former porn star Asia Lemmon allowed to wear colander in driving licence photo
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Muslims pre-date Columbus in discovering America,' says Turkish president Erdogan
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Former Tory PM Sir John Major says 'we would not have an NHS without migrants'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services