Newcastle terminate the contract of Spanish striker Xisco
Striker was signed during Dennis Wise's time at the club
Thursday 31 January 2013
Newcastle misfit Xisco has ended his miserable four-and-a-half year stay on Tyneside and joined Spanish Segunda Division side Cordoba after having his contract terminated by mutual consent.
The Spanish striker joined the Magpies from Deportivo La Coruna in 2008 in a deal worth in the region of £7million.
However he made only nine first team appearances and spent spells on loan at Rayo Vallecano and former club Deportivo as he fell further out of favour in the north-east.
Latest in Sport
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'