Newcastle v Sunderland meeting brought forward
Premier League match on February 1 will now be an early kick-off
Friday 03 January 2014
Next month's Tyne-Wear derby clash between Newcastle and Sunderland will now kick off at 12.45pm.
The game at St James' Park on Saturday, February 1 was initially due to get under way at 3pm, but is not being broadcast live and the start has now been brought forward.
Trouble flared in Newcastle city centre on April 14 last year after the Black Cats had won 3-0 in the Barclays Premier League at St James'.
Latest in Sport
- 1 William Shakespeare's 450th birthday: 50 everyday phrases that came from the Bard
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Man gives barefoot bus passenger the shoes off his feet
- 4 Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: Concerns grow among search officials that missing jet ‘may have landed somewhere else’
- 5 50-year mystery of the ocean ‘quack’ finally solved by scientists
Ukip election posters: Nigel Farage defends 'racist' campaign anti-immigration campaign ahead of Europe elections
Ukip leader Nigel Farage defends employing German wife, at launch of anti-immigration poster campaign
Is Britain really a land of God? Furious debate after David Cameron claims we are a Christian country
An open letter to Nigel Farage: you may smile, but I am not seduced
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: Calling Ukip’s posters ‘racist’ is yet another example of shameful Westminster evasion