Odemwingie to stay at Albion
Saturday 26 January 2013
West Bromwich Albion have rejected a transfer request from striker Peter Odemwingie, the club's sporting and technical director, Richard Garlick, last night confirmed.
Odemwingie, the club's top scorer over the past two seasons, is a target for Queen's Park Rangers who have already had a bid of £2m turned down during the current transfer window. Garlick stressed that Albion have "no need" to sell.
Garlick said: "Peter is hugely popular and it is disappointing that he has decided to hand in a transfer request. It was immediately turned down and has done nothing to change our stance during January."
World's most lethal spider found under a bunch of bananas
Rumours that the star wants to move on to pastures new
TV presenter Fiona Bruce seemed a bit startled by the find during the filming of Antiques Roadshow
Comedian says he 'never laughed as hard as I have writing with Rik'
Latest in Sport
- 1 Sick elderly man makes 'complete turnaround' after emotional reunion with dog
- 2 Star Wars memorabilia dubbed 'bit of plastic' by Antiques Roadshow's Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 3 Isis fighters 'crucify' 17-year-old boy in Syria
- 4 Ebola cruise ship ‘in utter panic’ as Mexico and Belize refuse to let it dock
- 5 Death of northern white rhino leaves just six of endangered animals left in the world
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'