Operation ends Saha's season
Saturday 02 April 2011
Everton's top scorer Louis Saha is likely to miss the rest of the season after an ankle operation.
Saha, scorer of 10 goals this term, was injured in the Premier League win over Fulham a fortnight ago and joins two other key players in Mikel Arteta and Marouane Fellaini on the sidelines. Jack Rodwell, Tim Cahill and Seamus Coleman are also doubtful for today's game with Aston Villa at Goodison Park after withdrawing from recent international duty.
Manager David Moyes said: "That is the way football is, you get injuries. We have got a fair spate of them at the moment."
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao: 'Changes are not easy, but there are times when you have to'
Female BBC presenter receives offensive and sexist letter after she criticised level of women's sport given TV coverage and sponsorship
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
The 12 worst haircuts of the 2014/15 Premier League season
West Brom vs Arsenal: Aaron Ramsey desperate to be back in the middle for Arsenal title challenge
- 1 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
- 2 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland