Pardew hit with FA conduct charge
Friday 02 September 2011
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association. Pardew reportedly made comments – believed to have been aimed at referee Howard Webb and how he might handle then Newcastle player Joey Barton – prior to his side's 1-0 victory against Sunderland on 20 August.
Pardew was quoted in several newspapers as saying: "The referee needs to make sure that he referees the game from a completely neutral point of view."
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Latest in Sport
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government