Pardew to keep tabs on Newcastle stars
Friday 14 September 2012
The Newcastle United manager, Alan Pardew, is demanding up-to-the minute news of his players from international managers after losing Tim Krul and Fabricio Coloccini during a costly break.
Goalkeeper Krul damaged an elbow in training with the Netherlands after the World Cup qualifier victory over Turkey last week, and defender Coloccini returned from Argentina duty with a hamstring problem.
Krul is likely to be missing for three games, while Coloccini is a doubt for Monday night's trip to Everton at the very least and Pardew said: "We have put in a procedure now that we want all international sides to inform us what the players are doing. We are handing these players over, to an extent on our pay, so we want to make sure they are looked after."
When it comes to promoting equality of the sexes, we tend to think that we’ve come a long way in the past 40 years.
Latest in Sport
Tony Bellew vs Nathan Cleverly 2 report: Bellew takes his revenge with points win over Cleverly
Perth midfielder Ruben Zadkovich sent off 17 seconds after coming on against Wellington
England vs Samoa match report: England finally end losing streak as Jonny May stars in win ahead of Wallabies showdown
Arsenal vs Manchester United report: Wayne Rooney and a Kieran Gibbs own goal make Gunners rue missed chances
Arsenal vs Manchester United player ratings: Who was the star man? Wayne Rooney or David De Gea?
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track