Partizan Belgrade deny Chelsea have agreed deal to sign Lazar Markovic
18-year-old Serbia star has been linked with switch to Premier League
Monday 10 December 2012
Partizan Belgrade have denied agreeing a deal with Chelsea for the sale of Lazar Markovic.
Reports suggested the European champions have all but wrapped up the signing of 18-year-old Serbia star Markovic, who has been heavily linked with a move to the Barclays Premier League.
But Partizan sporting director Ljubisa Tumbakovic told Sportski Zurnal: "I swear on my mother that I really do not know anything about this.
"On Saturday, I spoke with club president Dragan Djuric and he also told me that he knows nothing about Markovic's transfer to Chelsea.
"I don't know, he doesn't know. Maybe the journalists have better information than us in the club!"
Reports had claimed Chelsea were on the brink of finalising a deal, with the major remaining stumbling block being whether Markovic joined them in January or next summer.
Latest in Sport
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women