Partizan Belgrade deny Chelsea have agreed deal to sign Lazar Markovic
18-year-old Serbia star has been linked with switch to Premier League
Monday 10 December 2012
Partizan Belgrade have denied agreeing a deal with Chelsea for the sale of Lazar Markovic.
Reports suggested the European champions have all but wrapped up the signing of 18-year-old Serbia star Markovic, who has been heavily linked with a move to the Barclays Premier League.
But Partizan sporting director Ljubisa Tumbakovic told Sportski Zurnal: "I swear on my mother that I really do not know anything about this.
"On Saturday, I spoke with club president Dragan Djuric and he also told me that he knows nothing about Markovic's transfer to Chelsea.
"I don't know, he doesn't know. Maybe the journalists have better information than us in the club!"
Reports had claimed Chelsea were on the brink of finalising a deal, with the major remaining stumbling block being whether Markovic joined them in January or next summer.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'