Bobby Zamora has signed a new contract which will keep him at West Ham until the summer of 2010. The 25-year-old striker, who celebrated his birthday on Monday, has scored five goals in eight Premiership starts so far this season, after scoring the winning goal in last season's Championship play-off final.
The former Brighton player joined the Hammers from Tottenham two years ago, and manager Alan Pardew said: "It's fantastic news that Bobby has signed a new contract and I'm delighted that we have yet another of our young players committed for the long-term future.
"Bobby has made brilliant progress in the past 12 months and I'm very pleased with his contribution this season.
"He is a local boy who loves the club, and I hope he will go on to enjoy a lot of success with us in the years to come."
Meanwhile, Ajax have revealed West Ham are the only side to have made an official approach for their Dutch international midfielder Nigel de Jong.
The 21-year-old is out of contract in the summer and both the Serie A leaders Juventus and La Liga side Seville have also been linked with the player.
"West Ham United are so far the only club who have really contacted us about a possible transfer for Nigel," the Ajax technical director Martin van Geel said yesterday. Pardew watched De Jong play for Ajax last Sunday against NEC Nijmegen.Reuse content