Pizarro completes move to Werder Bremen
Tuesday 18 August 2009
Werder Bremen have re-signed striker Claudio Pizarro from Chelsea, according to reports.
The Peruvian enjoyed a successful loan spell at the Bundesliga club last term, helping them win the DFB-Pokal and reach the final of the Uefa Cup.
And he has now returned on a permanent transfer just two weeks into the German season.
Pizarro will reportedly be unveiled as a Bremen player this afternoon.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture