Portsmouth transfer embargo lifted
Tuesday 26 January 2010
Portsmouth's transfer embargo has been lifted by the Premier League.
The embargo had been in place since October and the decision gives Pompey boss Avram Grant some room for manoeuvre in what remains of the transfer window.
Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie told the club's official website: "We are delighted that the transfer embargo for player registrations has been lifted by the Premier League.
"The club and the Premier League have worked together to allow us to be able to do some business in the last week of the transfer window.
"Avram Grant will now be trying to bring in players to strengthen the squad in loan and free deals."
Latest in Sport
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 200,000 back our campaign
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up