£4m West Ham bid for Dorrans rejected
Tuesday 27 April 2010
West Brom have swiftly rebuffed a written offer from West Ham in the region of £4million for Scotland international Graham Dorrans, the midlands club have confirmed.
The talismanic midfielder, 22, has been the heartbeat of Albion's successful promotion charge from the Coca-Cola Championship this season and was voted the second best player outside the top flight at the recent Football League Awards.
And such is the club's determination to hold onto their prize asset that they have moved quickly and strongly to rejected a sizeable offer from the Hammers, whose own Barclays Premier League status was confirmed at the weekend.
The Baggies can expect a lot of interest in Dorrans over the summer with several top-flight clubs linked with a move for his services.
But chairman Jeremy Peace insists he is not for sale, saying: "As I have stressed several times since we achieved promotion over two weeks ago, our aim now is to retain our core players and try to strengthen our squad around them.
"I want to make it clear again that Graham Dorrans is not for sale."
Latest in Sport
Why does Manuel Pellegrini keep picking Martin Demichelis for Manchester City?
England 29 Wales 18 player ratings: Who was the star man at Twickenham?
David Meyler, Samuel Eto'o and the best, most controversial and bizarre goal celebrations
Bayern Munich v Arsenal: 10 reasons for Arsenal to be optimistic of Champions League progress
Bayern Munich v Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pleads for 'fair chance' from referee as Arsenal look to turn around Champions League deficit
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate