Premier League: Chelsea v Fulham match preview
A look ahead to this weekend’s Premier League fixture at Stamford Bridge
Friday 20 September 2013
£50m striker Fernando Torres could be set to start up front for Chelsea after the player didn’t even make the match-day squad for Chelsea’s Champions League defeat to Basle on Wednesday.
Fulham striker Darren Bent is still suffering with an injury, so Dimitar Berbatov is set to start as Fulham’s only striker at Stamford Bridge.
Jose Mourinho comes into the game on the back of two straight defeats, but has never lost a Premier League home game as Chelsea manager.
Chelsea goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer made 172 appearances for Fulham during a 5-year spell at the club. He is unlikely to face his old team on Saturday with Petr Cech set to start in goal.
Past three meetings
Fulham 0 Chelsea 3 (Terry 2, Luiz), Premier League, April 2013
Chelsea 0 Fulham 0, Premier League, November 2012
Fulham 1 Chelsea 1, Premier League, April 2012
Fulham manager Martin Jol will be looking for his second away win of the season, but Fulham have not beaten Chelsea in the league since the 05/06 season
Fulham have only beat Chelsea 7 times in the league, whilst Chelsea have claimed victory against Fulham thirty-nine times.
Eden Hazard has played 90 minutes of every Chelsea league game so far this season. He has created 12 chances in the opening four games, the highest of any player in the division.
Latest in Sport
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’