Premier League: Crystal Palace v Manchester City match preview
A look ahead to this weekend's Premier League fixture at Selhurst Park
Friday 25 April 2014
Crystal Palace's current winning streak might come to an end on Sunday when Manchester City visits Selhurst Park. The Eagles have secured another season in the Premier League, but that should not give them any rest as finishing in the top ten should be the next target. However, Manchester City are chasing Chelsea and Liverpool in the race for the title and on paper, Crystal Palace should just be a small bump on the way for the Sky Blues. However, City will be wary that they missed out on three points in the dying moments against Sunderland two weeks back and Crystal Palace seem a team full of confidence at the moment.
The last seven meetings between the two sides have only ended with one Crystal Palace victory, and Manchester City have a good record against the London teams. A win will be crucial for City to keep Arsenal and Everton away from the direct qualification to the Champions League, and keep up the pressure on those above them.
KICK-OFF: Sunday, 4.10pm
PAST THREE MEETINGS…
Manchester City 1 (Dzeko) Crystal Palace 0, Premier League, December 2013
Crystal Palace 0 Manchester City 2 (Wright Phillips, Tevez), Capital One Cup, August 2009
Manchester City 3 (Wright Phillips 2, Fowler 1) Crystal Palace 1 (Powell), Premier League, January 2005
- Crystal Palace have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 11 league meetings with Manchester City
- Manchester City have only won two of their last 11 league games against Palace at Selhurst Park (D5 L4)
- Only Liverpool (11) are on a longer current winning streak in the Premier League than Crystal Palace (5)
- Manchester City have claimed just eight points from their last five Premier League away games
Crystal Palace to win: 7.5
Manchester City to win: 1.4
TV: Live on SkySports1 at 4.10pm, highlights on BBC1 at 10.25pm.
Latest in Sport
Aaron Hernandez: American Football in the dock as NFL star player's murderous double life is revealed
Chelsea vs Manchester United: With Carrick, Blind, Jones and Rojo missing, how should Louis van Gaal set his side up at Stamford Bridge?
Chelsea vs Manchester United: Why Blues are the least popular team in the league
Chelsea vs Manchester United combined XI: Thibaut Courtois or David De Gea? Juan Mata or Willian? Who makes our team?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Where are the tickets for the fight?
- 1 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 2 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling