Premier League: Crystal Palace v Manchester City match preview
A look ahead to this weekend's Premier League fixture at Selhurst Park
Friday 25 April 2014
Crystal Palace's current winning streak might come to an end on Sunday when Manchester City visits Selhurst Park. The Eagles have secured another season in the Premier League, but that should not give them any rest as finishing in the top ten should be the next target. However, Manchester City are chasing Chelsea and Liverpool in the race for the title and on paper, Crystal Palace should just be a small bump on the way for the Sky Blues. However, City will be wary that they missed out on three points in the dying moments against Sunderland two weeks back and Crystal Palace seem a team full of confidence at the moment.
The last seven meetings between the two sides have only ended with one Crystal Palace victory, and Manchester City have a good record against the London teams. A win will be crucial for City to keep Arsenal and Everton away from the direct qualification to the Champions League, and keep up the pressure on those above them.
KICK-OFF: Sunday, 4.10pm
PAST THREE MEETINGS…
Manchester City 1 (Dzeko) Crystal Palace 0, Premier League, December 2013
Crystal Palace 0 Manchester City 2 (Wright Phillips, Tevez), Capital One Cup, August 2009
Manchester City 3 (Wright Phillips 2, Fowler 1) Crystal Palace 1 (Powell), Premier League, January 2005
- Crystal Palace have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 11 league meetings with Manchester City
- Manchester City have only won two of their last 11 league games against Palace at Selhurst Park (D5 L4)
- Only Liverpool (11) are on a longer current winning streak in the Premier League than Crystal Palace (5)
- Manchester City have claimed just eight points from their last five Premier League away games
Crystal Palace to win: 7.5
Manchester City to win: 1.4
TV: Live on SkySports1 at 4.10pm, highlights on BBC1 at 10.25pm.
When teaching the meaning of Christmas backfires
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Manchester United vs Liverpool - I don't understand why Brendan Rodgers was not more attacking against Basel
Jesus Christ plays for Chelsea - that's what one in five children thinks
Transfer Talk: Nemanja Vidic to return to Manchester United; Hazard to leave Chelsea; Sunderland want Radamel Falcao
Frank Warren column: Don't bet on Amir Khan landing pay day against Floyd Mayweather
Manchester United transfer news: Kevin Strootman move edges closer
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant