Premier League: Crystal Palace v Manchester City match preview
A look ahead to this weekend's Premier League fixture at Selhurst Park
Friday 25 April 2014
Crystal Palace's current winning streak might come to an end on Sunday when Manchester City visits Selhurst Park. The Eagles have secured another season in the Premier League, but that should not give them any rest as finishing in the top ten should be the next target. However, Manchester City are chasing Chelsea and Liverpool in the race for the title and on paper, Crystal Palace should just be a small bump on the way for the Sky Blues. However, City will be wary that they missed out on three points in the dying moments against Sunderland two weeks back and Crystal Palace seem a team full of confidence at the moment.
The last seven meetings between the two sides have only ended with one Crystal Palace victory, and Manchester City have a good record against the London teams. A win will be crucial for City to keep Arsenal and Everton away from the direct qualification to the Champions League, and keep up the pressure on those above them.
KICK-OFF: Sunday, 4.10pm
PAST THREE MEETINGS…
Manchester City 1 (Dzeko) Crystal Palace 0, Premier League, December 2013
Crystal Palace 0 Manchester City 2 (Wright Phillips, Tevez), Capital One Cup, August 2009
Manchester City 3 (Wright Phillips 2, Fowler 1) Crystal Palace 1 (Powell), Premier League, January 2005
- Crystal Palace have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 11 league meetings with Manchester City
- Manchester City have only won two of their last 11 league games against Palace at Selhurst Park (D5 L4)
- Only Liverpool (11) are on a longer current winning streak in the Premier League than Crystal Palace (5)
- Manchester City have claimed just eight points from their last five Premier League away games
Crystal Palace to win: 7.5
Manchester City to win: 1.4
TV: Live on SkySports1 at 4.10pm, highlights on BBC1 at 10.25pm.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news: Atletico Madrid closing in on Santi Cazorla - reports
Arturo Vidal: Manchester United bid £39m for Juventus midfielder
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger set to cancel moves for Sami Khedira and Morgan Schneiderlin in favour of Jack Wilshere - reports
Five things we’ve learned so far about Manchester United under Louis van Gaal
LA Galaxy vs Manchester United: 'Beautiful goals and beautiful attacks' - Louis van Gaal revels in 'fantastic' 7-0 start
- 1 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 50 books for students to read this summer: From Ernest Hemingway to Gillian Flynn
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia