Premier League: Crystal Palace v Manchester City match preview
A look ahead to this weekend's Premier League fixture at Selhurst Park
Friday 25 April 2014
Crystal Palace's current winning streak might come to an end on Sunday when Manchester City visits Selhurst Park. The Eagles have secured another season in the Premier League, but that should not give them any rest as finishing in the top ten should be the next target. However, Manchester City are chasing Chelsea and Liverpool in the race for the title and on paper, Crystal Palace should just be a small bump on the way for the Sky Blues. However, City will be wary that they missed out on three points in the dying moments against Sunderland two weeks back and Crystal Palace seem a team full of confidence at the moment.
The last seven meetings between the two sides have only ended with one Crystal Palace victory, and Manchester City have a good record against the London teams. A win will be crucial for City to keep Arsenal and Everton away from the direct qualification to the Champions League, and keep up the pressure on those above them.
KICK-OFF: Sunday, 4.10pm
PAST THREE MEETINGS…
Manchester City 1 (Dzeko) Crystal Palace 0, Premier League, December 2013
Crystal Palace 0 Manchester City 2 (Wright Phillips, Tevez), Capital One Cup, August 2009
Manchester City 3 (Wright Phillips 2, Fowler 1) Crystal Palace 1 (Powell), Premier League, January 2005
- Crystal Palace have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 11 league meetings with Manchester City
- Manchester City have only won two of their last 11 league games against Palace at Selhurst Park (D5 L4)
- Only Liverpool (11) are on a longer current winning streak in the Premier League than Crystal Palace (5)
- Manchester City have claimed just eight points from their last five Premier League away games
Crystal Palace to win: 7.5
Manchester City to win: 1.4
TV: Live on SkySports1 at 4.10pm, highlights on BBC1 at 10.25pm.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United transfer news: United given new hope in race for Juan Cuadrado as Barcelona talks stall
Manchester United transfer news: United close in on Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen
Manchester City transfer news: Frank Lampard heads to Etihad as pre-New York City FC stopgap
Liverpool transfer news: Brendan Rodgers plans more Anfield signings this summer
Commonwealth Games 2014: Usain Bolt eases Jamaica into men's relay final
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc