Premier League: Everton v Wigan match preview
A look ahead to Boxing Day’s Premier League fixture at Goodison Park
Tuesday 25 December 2012
Everton are on a six-game unbeaten run, having suffered just one defeat in their last 15 Premier League.
It's been more than seven years since Wigan Athletic last won at Goodison Park. The Latics are without a victory in five matches.
Everton midfielder Darron Gibson will be available after the Toffees appealed against his red card at West Ham.
But Marouane Fellaini serves the second game of a three-match ban.
Wigan skipper Gary Caldwell and Ivan Ramis could return but James McCarthy remains a doubt with an ankle problem.
KICK-OFF: Wednesday 3pm
PAST THREE MEETINGS…
Wigan 2 (Kone, Di Santo) Everton 2 (Jelavic, Baines), Premier League, October 2012
Wigan 1 (Neville OG Everton 1 (Anichebe), Premier League, February 2012
Everton 3 (Jagielka, Vellios, Drenthe) Wigan 1 (DI Santo), Premier League, September 2011
Four of the last five Premier League meetings between the two sides have ended in draws.
Everton are unbeaten against Wigan in their last eight games (W4 D4).
Everton are unbeaten in their last 12 Premier League home matches.
Wigan have lost four and drawn one of their last five Premier League games.
The Latics have conceded the opening goal in 12 Premier League games this season.
Everton to win: 1.53
Wigan to win: 7
TV: Highlights on BBC1 at 10.25pm on MOTD
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014 draw: Daunting draw but England have nothing to lose against Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
Ashes 2013-14: Mitchell Johnson is proving England are spent force
Ashes 2013-14: England's batsmen have got 'no bottle' says Geoffrey Boycott
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail