Premier League: Manchester United v Norwich match preview
A look ahead to this weekend's Premier League fixture at Old Trafford
Friday 25 April 2014
Ryan Giggs will take charge of his first match as a football manager when Manchester United take on Norwich at Old Trafford. After ten months under David Moyes, the board finally had enough of the Scotsman and sacked him earlier this week leaving Giggs in charge for the rest of the season. It will be interesting to see if the change of manager will have any effect on the United players during the last rounds of the Premier League season.
Norwich sacked Chris Hughton earlier this month, but his replacement, Neil Adams, hasn’t been able to change the Canaries miserable form, leaving them just above the relegation zone after four consecutive losses. Including Norwich’s spells in the Capital One Cup and the FA Cup, they haven’t won in 10 away matches before travelling to Old Trafford.
Given Norwich have only won two of the last ten meetings with United, and Cardiff facing Sunderland on Sunday, the Canaries could drift into the relegation zone this weekend.
KICK-OFF: Saturday, 5.30pm
PAST THREE MEETINGS…
Norwich 0 Manchester United 1 (Welbeck), Premier League, December 2013
Manchester United 4 (Hernandez 2, Jones, Fabio) Norwich 0, Capital One Cup, October 2013
Manchester United 4 (Kagawa 3, Rooney) Nowrich 0, Premier League, March 2013
- Norwich City have taken fewer points away from home than any other Premier League side this season (Eight)
- Manchester United have won five and lost none of their six previous Premier League home games against Norwich
- The Canaries have only won four of their last 38 Premier League away matches (L24 D10)
- This is the Red Devils’ lowest points total (57) through 34 league fixtures since 1990/91 (56)
- Manchester United (19) have conceded three more goals at Old Trafford than Norwich have at Carrow Road (16)
Manchester United to win: 1.35
Norwich to win: 9.0
TV: Live on Sky Sports 1 at 5.30pm, highlights on BBC1 at 10.30pm.
Latest in Sport
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Best memes as Twitter reacts to imminent £16m transfer
Manchester United transfer news: Louis van Gaal joins Arsenal and Chelsea in the race for Sami Khedira
Sami Khedira to Arsenal? Arsene Wenger reveals Gunners are still in the market for defensive midfielder
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Risky business to think Balotelli can replace Luis Suarez
Malky Mackay texts: Harry Redknapp defends former Cardiff City manger - 'he hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile'
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians