Premier League: Manchester United v Norwich match preview
A look ahead to this weekend's Premier League fixture at Old Trafford
Friday 25 April 2014
Ryan Giggs will take charge of his first match as a football manager when Manchester United take on Norwich at Old Trafford. After ten months under David Moyes, the board finally had enough of the Scotsman and sacked him earlier this week leaving Giggs in charge for the rest of the season. It will be interesting to see if the change of manager will have any effect on the United players during the last rounds of the Premier League season.
Norwich sacked Chris Hughton earlier this month, but his replacement, Neil Adams, hasn’t been able to change the Canaries miserable form, leaving them just above the relegation zone after four consecutive losses. Including Norwich’s spells in the Capital One Cup and the FA Cup, they haven’t won in 10 away matches before travelling to Old Trafford.
Given Norwich have only won two of the last ten meetings with United, and Cardiff facing Sunderland on Sunday, the Canaries could drift into the relegation zone this weekend.
KICK-OFF: Saturday, 5.30pm
PAST THREE MEETINGS…
Norwich 0 Manchester United 1 (Welbeck), Premier League, December 2013
Manchester United 4 (Hernandez 2, Jones, Fabio) Norwich 0, Capital One Cup, October 2013
Manchester United 4 (Kagawa 3, Rooney) Nowrich 0, Premier League, March 2013
- Norwich City have taken fewer points away from home than any other Premier League side this season (Eight)
- Manchester United have won five and lost none of their six previous Premier League home games against Norwich
- The Canaries have only won four of their last 38 Premier League away matches (L24 D10)
- This is the Red Devils’ lowest points total (57) through 34 league fixtures since 1990/91 (56)
- Manchester United (19) have conceded three more goals at Old Trafford than Norwich have at Carrow Road (16)
Manchester United to win: 1.35
Norwich to win: 9.0
TV: Live on Sky Sports 1 at 5.30pm, highlights on BBC1 at 10.30pm.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news and rumours: Gabriel Paulista sent to Paris to speed up move; Luis Suarez bid planned; Gunners eye Daniele Rugani
Gabriel Paulista: Talented Brazilian could grow into world-class defender at Arsenal
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Pair finally meet at NBA game and shake hands, will the fight be announced during Super Bowl?
Andy Murray vs Tomas Berydch: Murray cool over reunion with coach Dani Vallverdu at the Australian Open
Manchester United transfer news and rumours: David De Gea new deal; Gareth Bale on speculation; Wilfried Zaha exit
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures