Premier League: Norwich v Aston Villa match preview
look ahead to this week’s Premier League fixture at Carrow Road
Friday 20 September 2013
Gary Hooper could be in line to make his first start for Norwich having fully recovered from a knee injury. Chris Hughton could switch to a 4-4-2 formation for the first time this season to accommodate Hooper. The former Celtic striker will most likely partner fellow summer signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel up front.
Paul Lambert returns to his former club after a Gabriel Agbonlahor double earned his side a narrow 1-2 victory on his first return to Carrow Road last season.
Both teams are in relatively poor form with only one win in their previous four matches, but in striker Christian Benteke, Aston Villa boast the player to have scored the most goals this calendar year in the Premier League after netting 18 times.
Norwich 1 (Holt) Aston Villa 2 (Agbonlahor 2), Premier League, May 2013
Norwich 1 (Morrison) Aston Villa 4 (Holman, Weimann 2, Benteke), Capital One Cup, December 2012
Aston Villa 1 (Benteke) Norwich 1 (Turner), Premier League, October 2010
Aston Villa have failed to take the lead in a single match this season, coming from behind to beat Arsenal on the opening day.
Five of the previous ten matches between these two teams have resulted in a draw.
Aston Villa: 3.2
Latest in Sport
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Ed Miliband's 'north London set' must be demolished to save Labour, say critics