Premier League: Wigan v Reading match preview
A look ahead to this weekend's Premier League fixture at the DW Stadium
Friday 23 November 2012
Wigan and Reading clash in the Premier League at the DW Stadium on Saturday in what is shaping as an early-season relegation battle.
Wigan lead 17th-placed Reading by two points, but both clubs are in danger of getting sucked into the bottom three if they don't find winning form quickly.
Reading finally broke their duck last week against Everton and are now unbeaten in four matches following successive draws against Norwich, QPR and Fulham.
Adam Le Fondre was the hero last week with his two second-half goals completing a come-from-behind 2-1 triumph over Everton.
KICK-OFF: Saturday, 3pm
PAST THREE MEETINGS…
Wigan 0 Reading 0, Premier League, April 2008
Reading 2 (Kitson, Harper) Wigan 1 (Bent), Premier League, September 2007
Reading 3 (Ingimarsson, Long, Lita) Wigan 2 (Heskey, Landzaat), Premier League, January 2007
Reading have won five and lost none of their last seven home matches against Wigan
There have been five goals scored in the 85th minute or later in the last five league meetings between Wigan and Reading
Every time Wigan have conceded the first goal this season (seven games) they have lost the match
Wigan to win: 1.85
Reading to win: 4.00
TV: Highlights on BBC1 at 10.30pm
sportBayern Munich 2 Manchester City 3: City come from two down to beat reigning European Champions
arts + ents... and a chance to paint Booker Prize winning author Hilary Mantel
Latest in Sport
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent