Rafael Benitez's agent has reiterated the Spaniard's desire to return to work in England but stressed there had been no contact from Chelsea.
Reports this morning suggested the west London club had approached Benitez with a view to him replacing the under-fire Andre Villas-Boas at Stamford Bridge.
But Manuel Garcia Quilon told Press Association Sport Chelsea had not been in touch.
"There is nothing official," he said.
"It's only media speculation and we have not been approached by Chelsea.
"We would only evaluate that possibility once there is an offer."
Chelsea have won just two of their last 10 Barclays Premier League games and slumped to a 3-1 defeat at Napoli in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Tuesday night.
And with reports of dressing room revolt, it has been suggested Blues owner Roman Abramovich is considering a coaching change.
Benitez is available having been out of work since his sacking by Inter Milan in December 2010 and has a track record of success having led Liverpool to Champions League and FA Cup glory and Valencia to two La Liga titles.
The Spaniard was strongly linked with a move to Paris St Germain earlier this year but Quilon insists the 51-year-old wants to work again in England.
"Benitez's priority is to coach in the Premier League," he said.