Riise dismisses Liverpool return
Tuesday 03 November 2009
Norway international defender John Arne Riise has dismissed reports linking him with a move from AS Roma back to Liverpool.
A newspaper story on Sunday suggested the left-back was unhappy in the Italian capital and was keen to return to Merseyside.
However, Riise said via the Giallorossi's press office: "I never said I wanted to return to Liverpool and I never made those statements.
"I am settled here in Rome and I want to stay."
The 29-year-old spent seven seasons at Anfield, making almost 350 appearances for the club before joining Roma in the summer of 2008.
He has started 47 matches for the Serie A outfit.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'