Robert de Fanti appointed as director of football at Sunderland
Angelino has moved from Inter Milan to link up with Paolo di Canio
Sunderland have appointed Robert de Fanti as their director of football and Valentio Angelino as their chief scout.
Angelino has moved from Inter Milan to link up with Paolo di Canio and de Fanti had previously worked as an agent.
“The recruitment of players is key for any football club and Roberto and Valentino will work closely with the head coach and the board to identify targets for next season and beyond," said Sunderland chief executive Margaret Byrne.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians