Roberto Martinez expects more late twists as Wigan Athletic face Stoke City
Wigan have made a habit of escaping relegation
Monday 28 January 2013
The Wigan Athletic manager, Roberto Martinez, predicts the final third of the season will be full of twists as he prepares his relegation-threatened side for a trip to Stoke City tonight.
Martinez, who has led Wigan to Premier League safety in the closing stages of the last two seasons, believes this year will be just as tight, with eight points separating the bottom six.
"This year the bottom 10 positions are really open," said Martinez, whose side have won only once in their last 10 league games. "When you go to the last third of the league season, where you are in the table is just a starting point, but I do believe it is going to be a ferocious fight. Everyone will have a say."
Odds: Stoke 11-10 Draw 5-2 Wigan 13-5
Kick-off Tonight, 7.45pm (Tomorrow BBC 1, 10.35pm)
Referee M Jones (Cheshire)
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Latest in Sport
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter