Ronaldo proud of 'historic' transfer
Friday 12 June 2009
Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed his pride at being the subject of an "historic" £80m bid from Real Madrid.
The Manchester United and Portugal winger is set to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical with the Bernabeu giants after the English side accepted the offer yesterday.
"I have had my time at Man United. It's time to look forward and £80million is quite a sum of money. This deal is historic," said Ronaldo, who is currently on holiday in Los Angeles.
"It's flattering when two of the top teams in the world want you to play for them.
"Now I can look forward to Real Madrid and a new stage in my career. I learned of the deal here in LA and heard from my people that United had accepted."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn