Sergio Aguero could return for Manchester City's game at Stoke
Friday 14 September 2012
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero could return from a knee injury as the champions visit Stoke in the Barclays Premier League on Saturday.
Fellow forward Mario Balotelli is clear to play after undergoing minor eye surgery during the international break but midfielder Gareth Barry (abdominal) is not yet fully fit and defender Micah Richards (ankle) remains sidelined.
Defenders Maicon and Matija Nastastic, midfielder Javi Garcia and winger Scott Sinclair - all deadline-day signings last month - could play some part.
Provisional squad: Hart, Pantilimon, Wright, Maicon, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, K Toure, Nastasic, Clichy, Kolarov, Nasri, Milner, Y Toure, Rodwell, Silva, Garcia, Sinclair, Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli, Tevez, Razak.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
- 5 Mrs Doubtfire 2: Robin Williams set to star in sequel to 1993 comedy
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back