Sergio Aguero enjoys 'nice' Manchester City debut
Tuesday 16 August 2011
Sergio Aguero is determined to build on his sensational start as a Manchester City player.
City's £38million record signing made a dramatic debut last night as he came off the bench to score twice and set up another goal in a 4-0 season-opening Barclays Premier League win over Swansea.
The Argentinian forward had been kept waiting for his City bow throughout last week's Community Shield and for a further 60 minutes at the Etihad Stadium, but he quickly made up for lost time.
The 23-year-old told City TV: "I am happy. The start was really good and I want to keep like this. It was nice.
"I had a chance to play a little bit and I enjoyed it.
"I helped the team and I want to keep doing the same in the future."
Aguero had been held back by manager Roberto Mancini as a precaution due to a lack of match fitness.
The former Atletico Madrid star began pre-season late after representing his country at the Copa America until mid-July.
Aguero said: "He knows how I am and it was okay for me to play 30-35 minutes."
On the good reception he received from fans, Aguero added: "The only way for me to thank them is on the pitch and keep doing what I do best."
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014 draw: Daunting draw but England have nothing to lose against Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
Ashes 2013-14: Mitchell Johnson is proving England are spent force
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Arsenal vs Everton: Let loan players take on their parent clubs, says Arsène Wenger
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail