Sergio Aguero remains confident Manchester City can win Premier League title
Wednesday 28 March 2012
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero remains confident of victory in the Barclays Premier League title race.
City have led the table for most of the season but now trail rivals Manchester United by three points with eight games remaining.
Even if they fall short, City are expected to strengthen for next season but Aguero is not thinking about that.
The Argentinian, who has scored 24 goals this season, told ManC magazine: "Why wait until next season if we can win it now?
"I can promise you that we'll be fighting until the very end. We all want to make it and though it won't be easy, we believe we can win the Premier League this season.
"Winning titles is about never giving up and we will never give up.
"I want to win it this season and then many more with City after that."
Aguero missed last weekend's 1-1 draw at Stoke with an ankle injury but the club are hopeful he will be fit to face Sunderland at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us