Simon Davies ruled out for five months for Fulham
Fulham midfielder Simon Davies faces up to five months on the sidelines after suffering complications with a knee injury.
The 31-year-old was expected to be back in the Cottagers set-up soon after returning to training but the injury is more complicated than first thought.
Davies is still experiencing problems with the bone in his right knee and could now be out until next year.
"Simon has a pretty tough injury," said manager Martin Jol this afternoon. "He will be out for the next couple of months."
When questioned further, the Dutchman added: "It is a technical thing. It could be four to five months."
Latest in Sport
Manchester City vs Manchester United combined XI: No place for Yaya Toure... or any United defenders
Sami Khedira transfer news: Arsenal can win the Premier League if they sign Khedira in January, says Perry Groves
Paul Scholes: At last! Some credit for Sam Allardyce
Chelsea injury list: Diego Costa and Loic Remy lead the Blues' absent players
Radamel Falcao: Manchester United ready to seal permanent transfer of striker as 'everything is complete' to extend his Old Trafford stay
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
- 5 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything