Stephen Ireland returns to Aston Villa squad for Fulham match
Aston Villa midfielder Stephen Ireland will return to the squad for tomorrow's Barclays Premier League clash at Fulham after missing three games with a broken bone in his arm.
Villa boss Paul Lambert will assess the freshness of goalkeeper Brad Guzan and midfielders Brett Holman and Karim El Ahmadi after gruelling midweek trips back from playing for the United States, Australia and Morocco respectively.
Full-back Joe Bennett is expected to be fit after suffering a leg injury during the 2-0 defeat at Tottenham a fortnight ago - but central defender Richard Dunne (groin) remains a long-term casualty.
Provisional squad: Guzan, Given, Lowton, Bennett, Lichaj, Clark, Vlaar, Baker, Herd, El Ahmadi, Ireland, Westwood, Bannan, Delph, Holman, N'Zogbia, Bent, Agbonlahor, Benteke, Bowery, Weimann, Burke, Johnson, Williams.
Latest in Sport
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
by The Sports Lawyer
21 May 2013 10:01 PM
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.