Steve Sidwell sidelined for Fulham with hernia problem
Thursday 02 February 2012
Fulham midfielder Steve Sidwell faces up to six weeks on the sidelines with a hernia injury, manager Martin Jol has confirmed.
The 29-year-old spent time out earlier this season after undergoing a hernia operation and could go under the knife again after suffering a similar injury in last night's 1-1 draw with West Brom.
Sidwell played the full 90 minutes at Craven Cottage but manager Jol revealed today that the central midfielder faces an extended period out.
"We had an injury to Steve Sidwell and he will be out for a long time for four, five or six weeks," Jol said.
"He had a hernia operation as you know and it is almost the same problem.
"He had an operation and we have to wait but we fear he needs another operation."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture