'Steven Gerrard will sign new Liverpool deal' says Jamie Carragher
Tuesday 02 April 2013
Jamie Carragher believes Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard will follow his example and end his career at Anfield by signing a new contract. But Carragher who is retiring at the end of the season, admits striker Luis Suarez is now close to rivalling Gerrard as the best he has played alongside.
The England captain was man of the match in Liverpool's 2-1 win at Aston Villa on Sunday, scoring the winner from the penalty spot.
Carragher said: "I've always said Stevie was the best but Luis is definitely on his shoulder, he is very close. I'm sure Stevie will sign a contract and finish his career at Liverpool the way I've done."
Latest in Sport
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut