Stéphane Mbia fined by QPR over Joey Barton tweet
The midfielder moved to Loftus Road last summer in an exchange loan with Joey Barton
Thursday 09 May 2013
Stéphane Mbia has been fined and warned about his future conduct by Queen's Park Rangers after a message on his Twitter account appeared to suggest he wanted to return to Marseilles.
The midfielder moved to Loftus Road last summer in an exchange loan with Joey Barton. After QPR's relegation, a message from Mbia's Twitter account asked Barton if he fancied returning to the west London club in his place. Mbia denied responsibility for the tweet which read: "@Joey7Barton: Do you want to rechange (sic) your seat with me?"
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain