Sunderland wait on news of Lee Cattermole scan
Premier League team news
Friday 30 November 2012
Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill was today waiting to hear for how long he will be without skipper Lee Cattermole as he visited a London specialist.
The 24-year-old midfielder headed south after damaging his knee just minutes into Tuesday night's 0-0 draw with QPR amid speculation that he has damaged his medial ligament and could be sidelined for two months.
Cattermole will definitely miss Sunday's Barclays Premier League trip to Norwich, as will central defender John O'Shea, who is battling a calf problem.
Provisional squad: Mignolet, Westwood, Bardsley, Kilgallon, Cuellar, Bramble, Rose, Gardner, Colback, McClean, Larsson, Sessegnon, Saha, Fletcher, Campbell, Wickham, McFadden.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Should Apple buy Greece?
- 2 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 3 Drummer Lee Rigby's family reject 'extremist' groups using Woolwich murder for political gain
- 4 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 5 Fox News anchor asks 'what's to prevent' three people from marrying after same-sex marriage legalised
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Extend Right To Buy to tenants of private landlords, Labour's Jeremy Corbyn says
David Cameron struck double blow in his hopes to win Britain a new EU deal
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato