Tottenham are 'interested' in Frank De Boer, but for now he is focused on Ajax, says agent
Spurs are seeking a permanent replacement for Andre Villas-Boas
Thursday 19 December 2013
Frank De Boer is focused on Ajax amid suggestions the former Holland captain is a target for Tottenham.
The former Barcelona and Rangers defender is reportedly a contender to succeed the sacked Andre Villas-Boas as boss after leading Ajax to three Eredivisie titles.
However, De Boer's agent Guido Albers has played down the speculation.
Albers told Voetbal International: "Through various channels it has become clear to me that Spurs are interested, but the club has not approached Ajax.
"So for us there is not much to say about it. Frank focuses entirely on Ajax."
Latest in Sport
Petr Cech demands talks over Chelsea future as Thibaut Courtois begs him to stay – as mentor
Angel Di Maria: Manchester United to push ahead with £50m move for Real Madrid winger
Marcos Rojo to Manchester United: Sporting Lisbon confirm deal with Nani heading back to Portugal on loan
Arsenal player ratings vs Besiktas
Besiktas vs Arsenal player ratings: Alexis Sanchez, Jack Wilshere, Calum Chambers - who was the Gunners star man?
- 1 The way the police have treated Cliff Richard is completely unacceptable
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 4 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 5 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermeister and vodka
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head