Tottenham confirm interest in Brazilian duo Leandro Damiao and Willian
Andre Villas-Boas confirms Spurs are interested in pair
Wednesday 02 January 2013
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas is interested in Brazil pair Leandro Damiao and Willian.
Internacional striker Damiao, 23, impressed at the Olympics where he was the tournament's top scorer, while 24-year-old winger Willian has been one of the stars of Shakhtar Donetsk's Champions League campaign.
"We got in touch with Willian [in the summer] and he is one of the players that interests us," Villas-Boas said in the Daily Mirror "I like his style, but we could not reach the value Shakhtar were asking. It does not mean we won't try again.
"Shakhtar are a difficult club to negotiate with as they do not need the money and can keep their players.
"For Damiao, he had a spectacular Olympics. We follow the best players and youngsters. Leandro fits this profile.
"He has had injuries after London 2012, but he is a player that is always on our list."
Latest in Sport
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk