Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas says he is powerless to stop assistant Tim Sherwood leaving for Blackburn
Friday 28 September 2012
Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has admitted he could be powerless to prevent assistant Tim Sherwood leaving the club if Blackburn come calling.
Sherwood, who captained Rovers to the Premier League title in 1995, has reportedly been targeted by the Lancashire club should current boss Steve Kean leave.
Villas-Boas said in The Sun: "It would not be up to me to say yes or no. It would be up to the club and Tim."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians