Tottenham winger Gareth Bale given all-clear after Charlie Adam tackle
Tuesday 31 July 2012
Andre Villas-Boas last night breathed a major sigh of relief after Gareth Bale was given the all-clear from serious injury.
Bale, the Tottenham midfielder, suffered a the scare following the X-rated tackle from Charlie Adam in a pre-season friendly with Liverpool in Baltimore. The Welshman appears to have escaped unhurt.
But Villas-Boas could yet take the matter further by reporting Adam to the FA. He urged the Liverpool player to apologise.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police