Tottenham winger Gareth Bale returns from paternity leave to face former club Southampton
Friday 26 October 2012
Tottenham's Gareth Bale will return from paternity leave to face former club Southampton on Sunday.
The Wales international missed the games with Chelsea and Maribor after the birth of his first child and will be joined in the squad by Brad Friedel, who also did not travel to Slovenia for yesterday's Europa League tie.
Emmanuel Adebayor could returns after back pain and be joined at St Mary's by Mousa Dembele, who has recently struggled with a hip complaint. Michael Dawson (illness) will be assessed, while Scott Parker (Achilles), Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Younes Kaboul (both knee) are all sidelined.
Provisional squad: Friedel, Lloris, Cudicini, Naughton, Walker, Caulker, Gallas, Dawson, Vertonghen, Smith, Livermore, Parrett, Dembele, Huddlestone, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Townsend, Bale, Falque, Dempsey, Defoe, Adebayor.
Latest in Sport
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk