Tottenham winger Gareth Bale returns from paternity leave to face former club Southampton
Friday 26 October 2012
Tottenham's Gareth Bale will return from paternity leave to face former club Southampton on Sunday.
The Wales international missed the games with Chelsea and Maribor after the birth of his first child and will be joined in the squad by Brad Friedel, who also did not travel to Slovenia for yesterday's Europa League tie.
Emmanuel Adebayor could returns after back pain and be joined at St Mary's by Mousa Dembele, who has recently struggled with a hip complaint. Michael Dawson (illness) will be assessed, while Scott Parker (Achilles), Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Younes Kaboul (both knee) are all sidelined.
Provisional squad: Friedel, Lloris, Cudicini, Naughton, Walker, Caulker, Gallas, Dawson, Vertonghen, Smith, Livermore, Parrett, Dembele, Huddlestone, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Townsend, Bale, Falque, Dempsey, Defoe, Adebayor.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland