Van Persie ruled out for six-weeks
Tuesday 07 September 2010
Arsene Wenger has received some mixed injury news with Samir Nasri recovering well from knee surgery but Robin van Persie is set to be out of action until mid-October with an ankle injury.
Nasri is ahead of schedule in his recovery from knee surgery after the Frenchman sustained a meniscal injury against Liverpool on the opening day of the season.
The 23-year-old was expected to be sidelined for a month but Nasri will return to full training in the next few days.
However, Wenger's relief over Nasri will have been tempered by news Van Persie is set to be sidelined for longer than first anticipated.
The Dutchman injured his ankle against Blackburn on August 28 and is set to be ruled out until the middle of next month.
The news on Van Persie will compound Wenger's frustration with Nicklas Bendtner also out with a groin injury.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture