Vela back in Arsenal training after swine flu concern
Tuesday 28 April 2009
Mexico striker Carlos Vela has returned to training with Arsenal after being held out of practice due to fears over swine flu.
The 20-year-old player was kept away from training on Monday after a visit from friends from Mexico, where more than 150 deaths have been blamed on the virus.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says Vela was given the "all clear" today and returned to training ahead of Wednesday's Champions League semifinal first-leg game against Manchester United.
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014 draw: Daunting draw but England have nothing to lose against Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
Ashes 2013-14: Mitchell Johnson is proving England are spent force
Ashes 2013-14: England's batsmen have got 'no bottle' says Geoffrey Boycott
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail