Video: Arsenal players dress up as Samurai Warriors and make sushi on pre-season tour in Japan
Lukas Podolski and Per Mertesacker wield swords on pre-season tour
Arsene Wenger's prime concern this summer has been to add some cutting edge to his Arsenal team.
But having failed to sign Gonzalo Higuain and falling short with a bid for Luis Suarez, the current playing staff have instead provided a cutting edge in a more literal sense.
In the crusade to saturate 'growth markets' (i.e. sell more shirts) football clubs will get their players to do just about anything for a photo opportunity.
Hot off the heals of Manchester United promoting tomato juice, various Arsenal players on the club's tour of Asia have been dressing up as Samurai Warriors and making Sushi.
Click HERE or 'VIEW GALLERY' to see pictures of Arsenal's time in Japan, and you can check out the video below as the Gunners in no way reinforce stereotypes about Japan.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland