Video: Manchester City's Vincent Kompany, Joe Hart and kit manager Les Chapman do a Klinsmann dive through mud puddles
Chapman leads the way in finding ways to pass the the time while torrential rain continues in Hong Kong
Monday 29 July 2013
When the rain started once again in Hong Kong, the Manchester City squad found themselves stuck in the dry tunnel with nowhere to go.
But kit manager Les Chapman decided he didn't want to stand around any longer. Removing his glasses and belongings from his pockets, he pulled off a picturesque Jurgen Klinnsman dive on the wet, muddy pitch, much to the humour of the onlooking players.
In response, captain Vincent Kompany and goalkeeper Joe Hart joined him splashing about in the mud as they slid across the pitch on their chests. Chapman, with his shirt soaked in a mixture of dirt and rain, hastily marches back into the tunnel and heads off to find something a little dryer.
Watch the video below as the Manchester City squad keep themselves entertained during their pre-season tour in Hong Kong.
Latest in Sport
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'