Wayne Rooney will not join PSG insists Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson
The striker has been linked with a move to the super-rich club
The proposed move of Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney to PSG has again been dismissed by Sir Alex Ferguson.
The England striker has at times looked out of sorts this season while there is no doubt that his importance to the team has diminished since the arrival of Robin van Persie.
This combination of factors has only fanned the flames of speculation, particular over a possible move to super-rich Paris Saint-Germain.
That speculation only grew when a leading commentator in France declared earlier this week that the transfer was already a "done deal".
However, Ferguson today maintained that the 27-year-old will be at Manchester United next season.
"I don't think there is anything in that at all," said Ferguson when asked about the PSG rumours.
Ferguson also said today he expects Rooney will be part of the United squad that faces Aston Villa on Monday.
"There are a few bumps and bruises from West Ham on Wednesday," said Ferguson.
"Nemanja Vidic has a beautiful bruise on his cheek bone.
"I am quite happy to get out of that war zone without a serious injury."
Rooney was taken off at Upton Park during United's 2-2 draw in midweek, although Ferguson says there is nothing more to read into it than the United striker not having his best game.
"As far as taking him off the other night it was simple - he wasn't playing as well as Shinji Kagawa was.
"In so many games Wayne Rooney is better than most players. But on the night Shinji was playing so well."
Rooney will have two-years remaining on a his contract this summer, leading to talk that United will look to either agree a new deal with the England international or sell him while his value remains high.
When asked whether talks had yet begun with Rooney, Ferguson said: "I couldn't tell you about that."
The clash between Andy Carroll and David de Gea at Upton Park sparked heated discussion about the use of video to bring retrospective action.
Whilst Carroll's challenge has been dismissed as nothing more than robust by some, others, including Ferguson, felt it merited dismissal.
Retrospective action is impossible though as the incident was seen by the referee at the time.
It follows on from recent incidents involving Callum McManaman and Sergio Aguero, both of which seemed to be worthy of a red card but no further action could be taken in either case.
"I don't know where they are now. I really have no idea," said Ferguson.
"I don't think there is any clarity now.
"It's difficult to go through all the ones you're talking about.
"I think it was a red card - I don't think there is any dispute.
"I think Sam has masked that by talking about being robbed in the game. That masked the fact they should have had 10 men.
"But it didn't happen and it doesn't bother me now. It's gone, it doesn't affect us anymore."
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
- 1 Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police