West Brom sign Arsenal youngster
Wednesday 31 December 2008
West Brom have bolstered their strikeforce by signing Arsenal youngster Jay Simpson on loan for the rest of the season.
Simpson, 20, scored twice for a youthful Gunners side in their 3-0 Carling Cup victory over Wigan in November and is being allowed to leave the Emirates Stadium to gain first-team experience.
He had a highly successful loan spell with Millwall last term and could now feature for the Baggies in Saturday's FA Cup third-round clash with Peterborough.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
Ian Herbert: Work still to do before this Liverpool can be compared to class of ’08
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
- 1 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police