Wigan bring Cleverley in on loan
Tuesday 31 August 2010
Wigan have signed Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley on a season-long loan.
The England Under-21 international has previously had loan spells at Leicester and Watford in the last two seasons and has now gone to the DW Stadium to continue gaining experience.
"Tom is a very exciting young player and we are delighted he is coming to us," said Wigan manager Roberto Martinez.
"He can play in a number of positions and will provide us with some good new options, and add great competition to the squad.
"We have been watching him for some time and feel he is the right sort of player to join our squad; young, hungry, desperate to play for the club in the Premier League and to grow with us."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts